Monday, April 17, 2006

Marilyn Monrore - Mrs. J.P. DiMaggio - Apology Note


There's something so sweet about this 1954 apology note from Marilyn to Joe. An America of long ago.

"Don't be angry with your baby...she loves you." Wow. Don't you feel like you can hear her say those words? We've been talking alot about today's "non-contrite" apologies - what we call "Drive-By Apoligies." Marilyn puts us all to shame. In fact, we're entering this apology in the April 2006 Best Apologies of the Month contest...bet she wins.

(From UPI) "Dear Joe, I know I was wrong! I acted the way I did and said the things I did because I was hurt -- not because I meant them -- and it was stupid of me to be hurt because actually there wasn't enough reason -- in fact no reason at all. Please accept my apology and don't, don't, don't, don't be angry with your baby -- she loves you. Lovingly, your wife (for life), Mrs. J.P. DiMaggio."