Thursday, August 3, 2006

"I'm sorry to the extent I'm not sorry"

Ya gotta love where 2006: The Year of the Apology is taking us.

Here's a headline that, well, speaks for itself. It's a reaction to Jame Hamsher's apology for the graphic used in the Lieberman / Lamont race of Bill Clinton and Leiberman in "black face":

I'm Sorry to the Extent that I'm Not Sorry
By Sundog bio
Jane Hamsher isn't the slightest bit sorry about her stupid minstrel-show graphic. Her "apology" this morning is a joke; the very definition of an insincere apology. "I'm sorry I did this, but here's a list of reasons why I'm not all THAT sorry."
I must admit I haven't read all that much of Jane's output. I'm rather startled at her naivete and ego. Let's take this morning's post apart.
Before we get started, remember that I am a solid Lamont supporter, because this isn't going to be pretty. here