Saturday, January 13, 2007

Barbara Boxer says she won't apologize

Who's NOT apologizing now?

Senator Barbara Boxer, for "speaking truth to power". ...

SFG "I was just saying what I felt,'' the California Democrat said in an interview with The Chronicle. She said she would not apologize for the exchange because "I delivered a very strong message and tried to find common ground with her ... and I tried to draw us together, and not apart.'' The exchange occurred when Rice appeared before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to support President Bush's proposal to increase U.S. troop levels in Iraq by 21,500.

Boxer, during her questioning of Rice, said she wanted to focus attention on the human consequences of the decision. "Who pays the price? I'm not going to pay a personal price. My kids are too old, and my grandchild is too young," to serve, Boxer told Rice. "You're not going to pay a price, as I understand it, within immediate family. So who pays the price? The American military and their families.''