Saturday, January 20, 2007

Grey's Apology


Who's apologizing now?

That would be, finally, Isaiah Washington, of Grey's Anatomy fame. PS, no one really knew who IW was until this flap...


"I apologize to T.R., my colleagues, the fans of the show and especially the lesbian and gay community for using a word that is unacceptable in any context or circumstance. By repeating the word Monday night, I marred what should have been a perfect night for everyone who works on Grey's Anatomy. I can neither defend nor explain my behavior," Washington said in a statement.

The apology comes after reports surfaced of a quarrel between the actors in October in which Washington called Knight a "faggot." Washington vehemently denied those reports at the Golden Globe Awards on Monday night, telling reporters during a backstage interview, "I did not call T.R. a faggot. Never happened, never happened."

In his apology, he acknowledged his use of the slur, and hoped to clear the air with Knight. "T.R.'s courage throughout this entire episode speaks to his tremendous character. I hold his talent, and T.R. as a person, in high esteem. I know a mere apology will not end this, and I intend to let my future actions prove my sincerity." WCBS