Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Newsom joins Mark Foley in rehab

Just kidding. But, seriously, how many more politicians and celebrities, oh, and gay-televangelists, are going to go to REHAB when the going gets tough? Plus, they don't even come out changed....at least not for long. Here's (handsome) Gavin Newsom's excuse, er, explanation - I had sex with my friend's wife because I drink too much. Not. Like Foley, we don't believe it! Nope. He's a sex perv, that's all.

SFG "Upon reflection with friends and family this weekend, I have come to the conclusion that I will be a better person without alcohol in my life," he said in the three-paragraph statement. "I take full responsibility for my personal mistakes, and my problems with alcohol are not an excuse for my personal lapses in judgment."

But unlike the lightweight treatment centers in LA, who cater to rich celebrities, Newsom's apparently going to hard core Delancey Street. Hey, isn't that the Christmas tree junkie place?