Friday, February 16, 2007

Tim Hardaway apologizes for hating gay people

Who's apologizing now?

Former NBA player Tim Hardaway, for how much he hates gay people. PS Tim, if you really want to say your sorry....next time don't wait a WEEK to do so....

Hardaway apologized for his comments, which came a week after Amaechi became the first former NBA player to say he was gay.

"As an African-American, I know all too well the negative thoughts and feelings hatred and bigotry cause," Hardaway said Thursday in a statement issued by his agent. "I regret and apologize for the statements that I made that have certainly caused the same kinds of feelings and reactions.

"I especially apologize to my fans, friends and family in Miami and Chicago. I am committed to examining my feelings and will recognize, appreciate and respect the differences among people in our society," he said. "I regret any embarrassment I have caused the league on the eve of one of their greatest annual events."