Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wolfowitz apologizes for getting his girlfriend a job

Who's apologizing now?

Paulie Wolfowitz, for getting his girlfriend a highpaying job.
And now the World Bank Group staff wants him to step down. PS, this is one mean neo-conartist and chief architect of the mess in Iraq. How he ended up at the World Bank in the first place is scandalous. We hope they get him like they got Imus!

At issue are the generous compensation and pay raises of a bank employee, Shaha Riza, who has dated Wolfowitz. She was given an assignment at the State Department in September 2005, shortly after he became bank president.

"In hindsight I wish I had trusted my original instincts and kept myself out of the negotiations," Wolfowitz said. "I made a mistake, for which I am sorry." The World Bank Group Staff Association is demanding that Wolfowitz step down.