Monday, August 27, 2007

Vick finds religion and apologizes; Gonzales slinks away

Get a clue.

In this upside-down world, Michael Vick, the dog-fighting multi-million dollar NFL quarterback, actually looks better than slime-bag Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. Both are a disgrace to us all - Gonzo for the Torture Memo; Vick for supporting the brutal sport of dogfighting and killing non-performing dogs - in a country where people treat their dogs like their children.

Here's Vick:
"I was ashamed and totally disappointed in myself, to say the least," Vick said in his first public comments about his role in the dogfighting scandal since federal prosecutors indicted him in July. "I want to apologize to all of the young kids out there for my immature acts. What I did was very immature, which means I need to grow up."

Here's "TORTURE MEMO" Gonzo:

GONZALES: Good morning.

Thirteen years ago I entered public service to make a positive difference in the lives of others. And during this time I have traveled a remarkable journey, from my home state of Texas to Washington, D.C., supported by the unwavering love and encouragement of my wife Rebecca and our sons Jared, Graham and Gabriel.

Yesterday I met with President Bush and informed him of my decision to conclude my government service as attorney general of the United States effective as of September 17th, 2007.