Monday, February 27, 2006

Dukester: Apology NOT Accepted

(Randall 'Duke') Cunningham pleaded guilty Nov. 28 and apologized in a tearful resignation statement. "I broke the law, concealed my conduct and disgraced my office," he said. "I know that I will forfeit my freedom, my reputation, my worldly possessions, most importantly, the trust of my friends and family." (BTW, where are the words "I'm sorry"?)

Dude. You $*%(# it up. Apparently you had a fairly good thing going and ya got a little too greedy. Here's the Dukester's Bribery Menu (if you're in the GOP we hope you're sufficiently embarrassed): "The card shows an escalating scale for bribes, starting at $140,000 and a luxury yacht for a $16 million Defense Department contract. Each additional $1 million in contract value required a $50,000 bribe. The rate dropped to $25,000 additional million once the contract went above $20 million."
(AP Photo)