Tuesday, August 1, 2006

"I'm Not An Anti-Semite" - Just A Drunk



Who's Apologizing Again?

Mel, Mel, Mel. "I said WHAT?" "But I'm not anti-Semite". Damage done, Mel. You may have been in a drunken blackout....but, apparently, you DID say it. Now you're apologizing....AGAIN:

Mel Gibson Says He's 'Not an Anti-Semite'
Actor Enters 'Ongoing Program' After Arrest

LOS ANGELES (August 1) - Mel Gibson said Tuesday he is not a bigot or an anti-Semite and that he apologizes to "everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words" he used when he was arrested for drunken driving.

"Hatred of any kind goes against my faith," he said in a statement released through his publicist Alan Nierob.

"I'm not just asking for forgiveness," Gibson said. "I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can have a one-on-one discussion to discern the appropriate path for healing."

It was the second apology the 50-year-old Oscar winner has issued through Nierob since his arrest early Friday.