Saturday, March 17, 2007

McCain latest GOPer to use TarBaby term

Who's regretting the use of the term tarbaby now? (but not apologizing)

That would be Senator John McCain, who also doesn't know if condoms help prevent HIV....jeez, dude, jump on board the 2007 bus to the future! You'll remember that Tony Snowjob was the last GOPer to use the tarbaby term....

Tarbaby:

ABC"For me to stand here and … say I'm going to declare divorces invalid because of someone who feels they weren't treated fairly in court, we are getting into a tar baby of enormous proportions and I don't know how you get out of that." After the event, McCain told reporters: "I don't think I should have used that word and I was wrong to do so."

On HIV Prevention:

NYT Did he support the distribution of taxpayer-subsidized condoms in Africa to fight the transmission of H.I.V.?What followed was a long series of awkward pauses, glances up to the ceiling and the image of one of Mr. McCain’s aides, standing off to the back, urgently motioning his press secretary to come to Mr. McCain’s side. The upshot was that Mr. McCain said he did not know this subject well, did not know his position on it, and relied on the advice of Senator Tom Coburn, a physician and Republican from Oklahoma.