Thursday, June 14, 2007

Starbucks apologizes for raspberry syrup saga


Who's sorry now?

Ostensibly, Starbucks. But if you dig deeper, here's part of the problem with he "have it may way" marketing of the past 10 years. It's faulty advertising. They don't really want you to "have it your way" - they just want to make you THINK you're having it your way.

The post is quite long on The Consumerist....here's the apology. You can go to the site to read the whole story:

    Hi Andy, I am extremely sorry to hear of your challenges with the Raspberry syrup. I lead the product efforts and it was surely not our intent to have this happen. I am following up immediately with my team when I get into the office tomorrow to ensure the stores know it is ok to use the new syrup, there may have been some confusion.

    Thanks for letting us know of the situation. And again I apologize for the situation. May I get your address to send you a Starbucks Card?

    Regards, Michelle