Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Huckabee apologizes to Romney


Blah blah blah. Do Americans want a president named Huckabee? Who believes in Christian domestic discipline? Ah, no. Nor is a Mormon getting elected. The big elephant there is .....Warren Jeffs, polyagmy, etc. So this apology is cute but mute.

HUFFPO: Republican Mike Huckabee told CNN Wednesday he personally apologized to rival Mitt Romney for comments he made in an upcoming New York Times Magazine article that appear to disparage the Mormon faith.

"After the debate today I went to Mitt Romney and apologized to him. I said, I would never try, ever to try to somehow pick out some point of your faith and make it an issue, and I wouldn't," Huckabee told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "I've stayed away from talking about Mitt Romney's faith. I told him face-to-face, I said I don't think your being a Mormon ought to make you more or less qualified for being a president."

Read CNN article about Huckabee's apology here

Read AP article about Huckabee's comments here