Sunday, May 27, 2007

Blackwater shoots to kill in Baghdad

Remember the Contractor's Creed?

I am a U.S. contractor. I look out for myself, the operators to my left and right, and no one else. I will always take advantage of the fact that I can finally tell military officers to pound sand, and will do so at every opportunity....I do this job for the opportunity to kill the enemies of my country, and to finally get that boat I've always wanted.

Well, turns out that the Blackwater boys are living up to their creed and now they're shooting to kill on the streets of Baghdad, wait, what? Oh, it must be that$109M contract....fu@k democracy - that's for the US Army....Folks, this is getting sickening.

B
lackwater's security consulting division holds at least $109 million worth of State Department contracts in Iraq, and its employees operate in a perilous environment that sometimes requires the use of deadly force. But last week's incidents underscored how deeply these hired guns have been drawn into the war, their murky legal status and the grave consequences that can ensue when they take aggressive action.