Friday, July 27, 2007

Who's Sorry Now? July 27, 2007

'So You Think You Can Dance': All ApologiesKameron, being consoled by a woman in a silly hat. Courtesy of Fox. "Art should be allowed to make statements," Nigel proclaimed. But in America we also expect our artists to apologize for doing so shortly thereafter. ...

''Big Brother'': Evil strikes again
Entertainment Weekly - USAJust a thought -- one I'm sure you'll hammer me on. As for Dani's boytoy Kris: Gee, I feel sorry for that poor lug. It's not enough that he has to see this ...

Hood River policeman to apologize for racist, sexist, anti-gay ...OregonLive.com - Portland,OR,USAIn addition, the three men have been directed to personally -- and in writing -- apologize for their actions to all staffers. ...

Michael Vick: 'I Look Forward to Clearing My Good Name ... I ...AOL SPORTS - New York,NY,USA
It has caused pain for my family and I apologize to my family." 1. Grab your popcorn and candy, this is going to be a good one! I wonder if Vick wrote that ...

Nice work if you avoid it
Times Herald-Record - Middletown,NY,USAPlease accept apologies in advance, but this editorial is about Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton and Britney Spears and all the rest. ...

'Now I know how my fans felt when I doped'Scotsman - United KingdomSo I'm very sorry to whomever I hurt when you found out I doped. I now know what it must have felt like." These comments appeared on a blog that Millar has ...

Liz Jones: In which I find out he loves me more than I love himDaily Mail - UK"Lizzie, I'm really, really sorry, darling. I do want to make a go of us; I am not going to see other girls. I love you; I am going to change. ...

OR NOT the first "journal" of my novel
By Brian Mandabach(Brian Mandabach) "Okay, okay--I'm sorry--I'm going." So I got to stand around in the hall like your average dummy. Beautiful. Eventually, the bell rang. Rae was the first one out the door and she passed me by without looking at me. ..

Gorbachev Says Russia Reversing Democratic Freedoms, US Acting ...
Voice of America - USA
The former leader made no apologies, saying that the Soviet Union was one of more than 100 authoritarian and dictatorial countries that left the world stage ...

Nifong avoids sanctions but not criminal contempt charge
Houston Chronicle - United StatesAfter listening to Nifong's first unqualified apology in the 16-month case, lawyers for the players dropped their request for sanctions, ...

Angry Detroit council scolds zoo chief
DetNews.com - Detroit,MI,USADETROIT -- The City Council approved a vote of no confidence in Detroit Zoo director Ron Kagan today, after he refused to make an in-person apology to ...

Honduras demands apology from Chavez
United Press International - USAThe Central American country's Congress voted to demand an apology from the leftist Chavez for his remarks about Cardinal Oscar Andres Rodriguez Maradiaga, ...

Muslims Speak OutWashington Post - United StatesAs the injury is widely known, the remedies and apologies must be also widely known. But the more important lesson is that tragedies like 9/11 can cause us ...

FILM-US: A Blurry Line Between Propaganda and NewsInter Press Service (subscription) - Rome,Italy
... is willing to investigate its own reporting lapses (as the New York Times did after the Judith Miller WMD scandal), and issue apologies and retractions. ...

Zelaya pleased with Chávez' apologies
El Universal - VenezuelaHonduras President Manuel Zelaya said Friday that he was "very pleased" because his Venezuelan counterpart Hugo Chávez apologized to Cardinal Oscar Andrés ...